Friday, October 10, 2014

Prac 2.02 (1st attempt) - Failed

Prac 2.02 (1st attempt) - 10/10/14 (Seventh lesson)

Was damn excited the night before so I booked my 2.02 today.. Big regret AGAIN WTF. Early morning I woke up at 6:30am because I had to go to work for oned amazing race.. Work srsly wore me out like crazy and after work, I headed home, showered (cos I was damn sticky), got changed and took the bus down to bbdc already. Felt damn drained :(

Anyway the bloody SGBUS app is fucking retarded srsly. Stated bus is ARRIVING yet I waited almost 3 mins then it slowly crawled to the bus stop... Yeah it made me late for class today wtf (prolly 5 mins late). I literally ran from the bus stop to the bike waiting room to grab my number tag and this driving instructor saw me running, told me to slow down and relax HAHAHAH.

I shall never be late AGAIN!! All the M sized helmets were taken except one.. I should have suspected sth was wrong with it. Kelvin told me to lift up my visor and when I did, the left side cracked wtf cos it was jammed or something. Anyway I immediately told my instructor about my helmet and had to go change a new one.... Size L somemore dammit, so big!!! Maybe I should just buy my own helmet right wtf. Kelvin even asked me why I push bike like damn difficult like that HAHAH I said, "I'm a girl, got no muscles one!!" but it was damn heavy ley. Actually I got a few similar remarks from my instructors, one of them even said I push the bike like giving birth HAHAHA LOL PLS.

Today we were wearing blue tag. Took the class with 4 other people.. 3 guys (1 of them was the same dude I met last tues, and yesterday) and 1 angmoh girl (saw her with blue tag while I was taking 2.01 ytd, guess she's retaking her 2.02 today) plus me. First we were taught these few things,
 -Turning left, going to filter lane, check blind spot and traffic, stop if necessary etc.
- To position ourselves to turn RIGHT
- Lane changing
- Turning right from major to minor road and stop if necessary
- After turning right, change lane immediately to number 29
- Slopes
- After slope turn left and immediately changing lane at traffic light junction
- Positioning ourselves at the traffic light junction if there's oncoming vehicle in the opposite direction
- Turn right and then redo the entire route again

I guess I'm still damn timid about turning right.. Right turning isn't as easy as left turning because we need to have clearance from both directions. For me the lane changing was a bloody pain to do!!! There was once I kena engine stalled 2 times on the slope.. I got kinda frustrated cause for me slope is pretty easy to clear.. Once again I threw the clutch too fast and didn't throttle enough.

Had 2 main problems.. One is my lane changing isn't very smooth. Secondly, I need to stop dragging my gear and quickly speed up during lane changing. It seriously was quite tough to have to do many things simultaneously during lane changing.. Signal, check mirrors, blind spot, lane change and stuff like that. I felt quite stressed today idk why?! Like the tension was really high and I felt like I had to push myself to do better. I got remarks from other bike instructors at the circuit (like 3-4 of them) on what I was doing wrong and what I should be doing instead, for example I should stop at the dotted line, in line with my handlebar when I stopped and wanna turn right from major to minor road.

Today's class of 5, 3 passed. Yeah so as you can tell, I failed my 2.02 hahaha. It's funny cos my instructor said, "I'm sorry but you and you failed". I think he's the first instructor (out of 3 previous time I failed) to say "sorry" when I fail my lessons.. Anyway I don't mind failing my lessons. I rather have the assurance that I had grasped a good foundation in my orientation days before moving up.


My progress up till now:
23/09/14: First lesson
1.01 - failed

25/09/14: Second lesson
1.01 and 1.02 passed together

30/09/14: Third lesson
1.03 - failed

2/10/14: Fourth lesson
1.03 - passed

7/10/14: Fifth lesson
2.01 - failed

9/10/14: Sixth lesson
2.01 - passed

10/10/14: Seventh lesson
2.02 - failed

There seemed to be this pattern.. Where I tend to fail the lesson first before passing. Furthermore I'm still at my orientation stages!! As I progress further there definitely will be more challenges ahead of me. So far I'm really enjoying my class 2b lessons! Instructors at bbdc were really nice and friendly as well. Looking forward to my second attempt of 2.02!

3 comments:

sendo74 said...

Thanks for ure blog! Ttly need a detailed comments on bbd c as a woman rider

joycelee said...

Thank you for your kind words! :)

Anonymous said...

What is your advice for 2.02? First time trying.