Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Prac 4.01 (1st attempt) - Passed

Prac 4.01 (1st attempt) - 28/10/14 (Thirteenth lesson)

Recently I've been chionging through practicals because one, I don't have that many workslots this month cos its a nonpeak period and two, next month onwards, through nov and dec, it'll be the school holidays and corporate bookings will increase like mad! So it's better to clear most of my practicals now incase there are no more time till TP hahaha.

Today's practical 4.01 is all about 'S' and crank courses.
Objective:
- 'S' course: Clear in less than 11 seconds
- Crank course: Clear in less than 6 seconds

I remember hating crank course so much during my Class 3 days, more than 4 years back, I was so scared of mounting the kerb! Took my 4.01 with 1 guy and 1 lady, we were all first timers. Instructor we've gotten today was Syahir! He took my 1st attempt of 1.03 and my 3rd attempt of 2.02 previously. I was quite happy to get him because I know he's a really good instructor.

Went for a warmup round before heading to the 'S' and crank courses! This is what it looks like as seen below... Grabbed this pic off the net, I know it's damn pixelated hahahah.


We had to queue up, signal left, left blindspot, go through the 'S' course, stop if there are vehicles, turn left, queue outside the crank course, signal right, right blindspot, go through the crank course, wait outside if there are any vehicles, stop at traffic light junction, signal left, left blindspot then redo everything again!

First, Syahir told us to get a "feel" of the courses by going in gear 1. I was in a clumsy mess when trying the 'S' course!! After which I couldn't stop laughing at myself cause I can definitely tell I looked like a bloody retard. Including crank course as well ahahah. Nervous like hell!!!!!

So Syahir told us what to do for these courses.. I guess initally I had a huge problem with my speed!! I did not maintain my throttle and keep turning it on and off, making me wobble + didn't use my footbrake. In the end Syahir had to pillion me to show me what to do.. Initially he went slow, taught me how to maintain my throttle, where to look, where to speed up and use foot brake at. Subsequently he went medium speed and then he went really fast!!! Or that's what I felt lah. My heart was beating like crazyyyyyyy, felt sooooo nervous! He turned quite low at bends and I was really scared of falling LOL. Laughed at times, and at one point during the 'S' course, he leaned so low to the ground when going round the bend I was saying, "OH MY GOD DON'T!!!!" hahahaaha.

And I'm embarrassed to say this but.... At one point of time in my CRANK COURSE, my nightmare came true... I MOUNT KERB LOLOLOL!! I didn't look far and jengjengjeng... Mount the kerb. Some guys at the opposite of the traffic junction shouted, "OH MY GOD SHIT" hahahahha wahpiang they must be laughing really hard at me lah.

Subsequently I got the idea of how to get through these courses, maintained throttle and use footbrake! At first I clocked in an average of 11.20+ seconds so Syahir kept saying, "FASTER FASTER!!" He even ride behind the 3 of us when we did our "S" and crank courses so we will go faster ahahah. Then my average timing for the 'S' course improved to 10.30++ seconds!! There was once I clocked in 9.56secs, I couldn't believe it lah hahaha.

After that Syahir told us to finish up our last rounds for the 'S' and crank courses, and to go to the narrow plank, pylon slalom and ebrake! We went to the narrow plank station first, and I was really surprised I still got it, I did not fall off the plank!!! Then we did pylon slalom, and another narrow plank (but it was a higher one) and I went really slow this time w/o falling!! Followed by ebrake station before we headed back to return our bikes.

All 3 of us passed our 4.01!! *cheers* I was really glad to have gotten Syahir today for the 3rd time (his instructor ID is - 6463 MUHD SYAHIR). He really pushes me to perform well, I'm always a little nervous and scared inside everytime there's a new lesson but he is really professional, finding ways to help me. Plus I find he's very knowledgeable in this field! Saw him did the narrow plank when we went to try it after our 'S' and crank courses and wahlao, I was damn amazed at how long he can stay on the plank for HAHAH.

Next lesson will be 4.02: Circuit training review! Where we will be doing everything we've learnt since the start of our first lesson. Not sure when I'll be able to go for practicals now since work is getting busier, so I can't go to bbdc for practicals as frequent already.. Hopefully I can make time! Ohmy, wrote a very lengthy post today hahaha.

2 comments:

Andez said...

Hi Joyce! Have been reading your blog everytime i am going for a particular prac. Will be going for my 4.01 this coming wednesday. Kinda nervous but aiming to pass on the first try so can get license faster!�� Anyways i am wondering when can we go for PPL lesson? And the procedure issit like BTL and RTL where we have to book online?

Anyways kudos on your first bike! ��

joycelee said...

Hi Andez!

Glad my blog was of help to you :) Hahaha don't need to rush just be safe while riding ok! You can only go for PPL when you cleared your prac 5 :) if im not wrong. And yup 3 PPL, book online through bbdc website! must go in order, PPL 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03!