Monday, December 22, 2014

Prac 8.01 (1st attempt) - Passed

Prac 8.01 (1st attempt) - 22/12/14 (Twentieth lesson)

Hi guys!! Its been a week since my last post, actually I've been to a self-practice (SP) session last thursday but I guess I won't be blogging about my SP or RC (circuit revision) sessions cos after all, they're just practice sessions so it'll be repetitive!! So anyway, I did horribly last thursday during my SP session!! My plank was shitty (posture is crazily wobbly, timing almost just pass 6 seconds) and I tried doing uturn at the traffic light junction for the first time (thankfully Chin Hwee was there to guide me!! Cos all these while I've only been doing uturning at the mini circuit and on the public road) but my uturning sucks ahahaha, right foot fell off pedal and did a wide turning. Felt so demoralized after my SP sesh cos I had my 8.01 booked the following monday! Also cos I know I'll be throwing away my $60 just like that if I fail my 8.01.

So today I took my 8.01 with 7 other people! Total there's 8 of us, 2 girls (including me) and 6 guys. Chin Hwee was incharge of our 8.01 today, and the first thing he said to me was "惨了啦!" Hahahaha cos he prolly saw how badly I did for my uturn last thursday. First half (4 of us) attempted the assessment first, and I was one of them while the other 4 people were in the second group, doing defensive riding where we'll be accompanied by 1 instructor each to ride around the circuit and outside on public road.

We did a 1 round of practice around the circuit test route before going to station our bikes at the starting line. Before that Yufang had "specially" helped correct whatever mistakes I did and I was extremely thankful! Gave me tips and stuff on how to 改 my silly habits. Felt sooooo nervous and anxious!! Our first group, number tags 13, 14, 15 and 16 had to go in order and I was number 15, hence, I'm number 3!

Did our circuit test route as per normal, but my heart was beating like crazy inside hahahaha. Slope was alright. During the "S" course, in my head I was repeating "FASTER FASTER FASTER!!" cos my "S" course isn't very stable in terms of hitting the required timing. Crank course was alright. Then here comes the narrow plank.. Recently I've been performing real badly at plank?! So anyway I did my plank and tried my hardest to prevent wobbling and I felt like I went too fast!! Then Chin Hwee told me, "Wah lucky lah you, timing is 6.38seconds." (We have to stay on the plank for more than 6 seconds). Then my ebrake.... Oh gosh my ebrake sucked so bad!! Did my ebrake then I saw the instructor writing something on his paper.. Die liao lor! Then Chin Hwee was a little further from the ebrake station and he told me, "You know you got marked for posture anot? That's 4 points! You could just tiptoe if you cant reach the ground so your handlebar won't be slanted."

Then we moved out to the public road! Went on left filter lane, lane change... And I saw the dude infront of me didn't cancel his signal all the way!! We have to cancel signal after lane changing from 3rd to the 1st lane and then turn it back on after the traffic light junction. But he was lucky lah first time it won't be marked as 4 points for failing to cancel signal. And.... Here comes the frightening uturn!!! My nightmare happened.. When doing my uturn I didn't throttle enough hence, I wobbled!!! My right foot slid off the brake pedal but I didn't drop my right foot on the ground. Then I did my uturn.. Luckily no wide turning. In my head I was thinking, shit man I'm gonna have an immediate failure.. Cause I know dropping of right foot is an immediate failure. So I was quite sian when going back to bbdc. Saw Vincent and he asked how I did, I told him about my uturning incident and he told me, "That doesn't necessarily mean its an immediate failure! Probably will mark you as wobble."

Then we went for our defensive riding, where each of us will be paired with an instructor and we went to ride around the public road test route 2x + 1 round in the circuit. Very angry with myself, for 2 rounds when I did my uturn at the public road, I did it with no wobbling and no wide turning!! Why is it when I took my assessment my right foot had to slid off?!?!! :(

Went to park our bikes and wait for our results. Chin Hwee then came and told us that out of 8 of us, 5 passed while 3 failed. I already had a feeling I won't make it. Then he gave us all our score sheets one by one and..... I passed!!!! Unbelievable. Thought I was gonna get immediate failure for uturn but I was marked as wobble.



This is my riding assessment checklist for 8.01 final evaluation!

I got marked for incorrect posture and clutching in too early (incorrect technique) = 6 points in total for ebrake. Sharp turning when turning at junctions, not checking blind spot (when I was just gonna start my final evaluation hahahaha shit) and not looking for traffic at side roads.

So thankful I don't need to go through 8.01 again, cos its so expensive! hahahha but I definitely will keep going for self practice (SP, circuit revision (RC) and road revision (RR) throughout my wait to my TP to hone my riding skills. Imagine how nervous I felt during my 8.01, it'll be 10 times worse during my actual TP!! Happy riding to you guys if you are taking up 2B practicals now!! :) I'll prolly blog as and when if I take any SP/RC/RR. Merry Christmas in advance! :)


Countdown to my 2B TP: 57 days

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tips and stories about your experiene! Now i know how does it look like mentally going thru practical lesson! Keep posting! Goodluck for your tp Joyce!

joycelee said...

Just wanted to jot down how I personally felt after each practical :) I will definitely keep posting, and thank you for your wishes!!

Billy said...

Thanks for your stories, always a pleasure reading them before going to classes. Going for 8.01 next. All the best