Wednesday, January 7, 2015

RC #3

RC #3 (Circuit Revision) - 7/1/15

Back to bbdc again!! It has been more than 2 weeks since my last time being on a motorcycle.. Do I miss it? YOU BET!!! I didn't go for pracs cos there were still quite some time left to my "judgement day".. Which is my TP test hahahah. Bumped into my primary school friend at the bbdc entrance, plus my secondary school friend (who was taking the same RC prac as me!). Actually they were the ones who called my name yet I need to ask who they are before knowing I actually knew them lol... So laokui ley me. It's crazy amazing how people can change so much in a span of few years!! If they still are able to recognize me, does that mean I still look like a kid?! Ok I digressed.

Took my 3rd RC in my entire 2B course, to date, with 4 other guys and the instructor we gotten was Syahir!! He's the only instructor whom I have the privilege to attend his pracs so many times!! Around maybe 4-5 times already? So today I was the only person waiting for TP, while the other 4 guys were either in their prac 5 or waiting for prac 6!

Did 2 rounds of the circuit test route as a warmup first. As I didn't attend any prac for more than 2 weeks, I felt so foreign to the motorcycle hahaha! Took me like 5 mins to get used to it... Initially I felt damn wobbly and stuff. Hence its really true, what the instructors said.. To go for pracs at least one time a week so we wouldn't lose the feel of the bike! Yes, tested and proven... At least for me lah.

Then we went back to the circuit test route board for a briefing on general riding and stuff, how to lane change properly etc.. After the briefing, we did narrow plank first, pylon slalom, ebrake, figure 8 "S" course, crank course, right turning and lastly slope!

If y'all know, I really love doing narrow plank! It gives me this sense of achievement when I can stay on it hahahaha. But for the past few sessions I had fared really horribly on narrow plank :( BUT BUT BUT! I think the narrow plank feel struck me back today, and I felt so good doing the plank! My average timing was 8.35-8.60 secs today. Plus I didn't wobble badly anymore!! Pylon slalom was alright. Moving onto ebrake!

Okay this ebrake ah... Sometimes can sometimes cannot? Initially I started to slow down even before I reached the line to close throttle and brake hahhah I was travelling at 28-29km/h (we gotta hit 30km/h) or I pressed my front brake too hard abruptly (very very dangerous!). Subsequently after corrections I got the hang of it! Then to the figure 8 "S" and crank course!

Deep down I'm still a little worried about hitting below the 11 seconds mark for "S" course! So I did my "S" course, taking a deep breath before checking left blindspot and moving off.... Surprise surprise, my instructor told me my timing was 9.60 seconds?! Wahhh freaking amazed lah, cos I'm damn noob one.. Always 10 seconds + or close to 11 seconds.

Now if only I can hit such timings for my narrow plank and "S" course during my TP test hahahah.

Did right turning and slope after, both were alright! Then we headed back to return our bikes. Today's 100 mins felt like it flew by damn quickly!! Did a debrief and I guess right now for courses I must work even harder for my ebrake hahaha. Will try to go bbdc for SP/RC/RR at least once a week so as to not lose the feel of the bike.

Countdown to 2B TP test:
41 days

18 comments:

Zack said...

Hey been reading your blog for quite some time now since i started class 2b. Appreciate your journal on 2B lessons. Helped me quite a lot. Just wondering, after passing ur RTT what was the earliest TP date available?

joycelee said...

Hi Zack! Thank you, I'm glad it helped you :)

I passed my RTT on 13/12/14, had to wait for 24 hours before I can view the available dates to book my TP. There were only 2 dates, 17/02/15 and 24/02/15 hence I took the earlier date on the 17th!

So which practical stage are you at now? :)

Zack said...

Oh cool so its about 2months wait from RTT date. haha.
im currently at practical 7.01. Omg night riding is really very fun especially at the 60-70km/h road.

haha do you have any tips on stopping? im always confused if we should clutch in 3~5m before stopping or right before stopping. The latter will cause the bike to stall if im not wrong.

and Have u been trying to get earlier TP dates by checking available earlier slots?



joycelee said...

Yeah I love the 60-70km/hr lane changing part too, get to throttle like mad!! The uturns still make me nervous, but all the best for your 7.01!! You're nearing the end of all the pracs already :)

When I stop I'll look further away instead of looking down at the road, push my body back and just use my rear brake more instead of the front! I find that using my rear brake more will help prevent wobbling alot! And about the clutching in part, you're already clutching in when you are kicking your gear down right! So you don't have to worry about engine stalling, I hope I make sense hahaha.

Nope I don't check for earlier TP dates cos there wont be any refunds if I cancel my current TP date :( I'm only using my wait to TP days to go for more SP!

Hope it helps!! Do let me know about your progress, hope to see you in the circuit :) when are you taking your rtt?

Zack said...

I did a lot of U-turn practices today in my SP. I practiced my u-turn with no idea on how to u-turn at all.
I learnt that by looking at where you want to go really helps a lot.
What is your technique on u-turning?

haha anyways i have been pretty lucky with my theory test. I took my BTT with SSDC which gave me a 2 weeks wait to BTT and was really lucky to snatch a 3rd feb slot for my RTT at BBDC which is 3 weeks after my BTT.

There is no book for RTT right?
so only way is to practce at BBDC?

Zack said...

Anyways Joyce, whats the earliest TP date currently?

joycelee said...

No idea how to uturn?! Haahah I thought during 5.01 they will teach you how to uturn alrd? Anyway this is what I do!

- Step foot brake, throttle alot, look far ahead, release clutch gradually and kiap fuel tank tightly!

Last time I really really lousy for u-turns!! For countless of times keep striking cones, wide turning, drop bike etc.. After lots of practice and corrections from the instructors I had not much problems with it :)

You're really lucky to only have to wait 3 weeks!! I waited so long for mine hahaha. For RTT I referred to the BTT basic driving rules book and the red colour 2b pratical book, some of the answers are in both of them! RTT is pretty easy!! Alot of people finished their RTT within 5-10 mins hahahah.

Just checked the TP dates for you, there are only 2 available dates now! 27 march and 31 march :)

Zack said...

Haha we only did like 4 rounds of U-turn and didnt get to do it on circuit. So i actually have no idea when to go at junctions. Does green arrow light means go?

I remember reading ur blog about having to throttle a lot.
What i did was to do it like normal moving off(how i move off is to throttle and release clutch together.) but with a lot of throttle. Sometimes to slow and might fall off to the right though. The throttle first method u shared, wont it be too noisy?
And do u bend in a lot to do the u-turn??

haha IKR! i was so happy for my RTT booking. hope i pass though!

oh man so far away! haha maybe i can be lucky again.
We can cancel our TP dates and take earlier slot if available right?

Zack said...

Anyways, since we are approaching TP and the end of class 2b, what bike are you planning to get?

Im considering Pulsars as they have good fuel consumption haha or maybe cbr150r as it looks sporty too :D

joycelee said...

So little rounds!! Maybe you and your class were really good so you guys did a few rounds hahaha. I did it at the mini circuit too! If you're doing in the main circuit for u-turns, when the green light is on you check blindspot, move forward and right turn and stop, as if there's an imaginary stop line, check oncoming traffic, blindspot and u-turn!! Just like how we did for road, I hope I make sense :)

Yeah I fell to the right lotsa times cos my speed is slow! My instructors told me to just throttle alot, but not too excessive like the whole bbdc can hear kind LOL :D Idk if I bend alot ley hahahah feels normal to me lol.

Yeah you can cancel, but your $52+ will be confiscated hahah no refunds. But ok lah book first, then take lotsa RR/RC/SP during your wait!

How old are you by the way? Heard sports bikes' insurance is crazy!! I really like the look of the 200ns, looking to buy the fz16, great fuel consumption too! :D

Zack said...

IKR! barely enough to perfect the u-turns. . .
haha I fell on almost every u-turn so not sure if we were good haha.

haha i lean a lot when i u turn just to get the bend sharper. turning the handle bar more feels weird.

haha oh cool. Idm losing 52sgd. haha I need transportation to my uni NOW! haha

I am 19. Haha my insurance all starts at 1K :( too young...
Fz-16 looks good too. haha
initially i wanted the KTM duke but that is going to cost. Are u going to buy from shop or direct from 2nd hand owner?

zack said...

but i also think 200NS will not suit me. I like BBDC's bike seat height which is 767mm. so also finding a bike with low seat height :D

joycelee said...

Maybe I should try leaning alot like you during my next practice session instead of full locking the handlebar, feels scary! hahah.

Give it about a few more months time before you can start riding on the public road already? :D Yeah saw the insurance priced at 1k plus for 18-19 years old, hopefully mine won't be crazily priced :\

Hmmm that I'm not sure yet, prolly will go look around at shops first if I find nothing I may resort to 2nd hand owners hahaha. What about you, where are you getting yours at? I really like the duke!!! Esp duke 390 hahha. Any intentions of upgrading to 2A after?

Zack said...

haha you should try :D cause at lower speed its less likely to fall off if u bank in more.

Haha yeah few more months. Hopefully will pass on 1st attempt. Whats you usual speed while in circuit? some times i do 30km/h ish and the instructor say to slow. some times i go 40ish and they say too fast... everytime some intructor say smth new.

Haha I think buying from 2nd hand direct owners is more woth the money.
But will need to know how to check engine and stuff. Not sure if shop do checks or provide waranty. not looking to spend much on firs bike. Probably 3k for bike.

haha for now probably no intention yet. 2B is best for commuting. save money too :D and looks nice still.
yoursel?

joycelee said...

30km/h or 40km/h in the circuit?! Hahahah wah, most of the time I'll encounter many cars so I can't go really fast. Today when I went for my SP I got to go till 40km/h before having to down gear for bends. If 30km/h is too slow and 40km/h is too fast, maybe you can juggle your speed at 35km/h? hahaha!

3k for a bike?! you wanna get a spark issit hahaha or a bike with its coe gonna expire soon? I rarely see 2nd hand nice bikes at 3k tho, where do you browse your 2nd hand bikes at?

zack said...

haha read about your SP just now. Did u try bending in more?

oh im looking for 3~4 years of COE left kind of bike before I move back to australia and play with bigger CC bike and a much cheaper price hahahahaha . Usually 1 year COE = +500SGD ontop of machine price.
Most Cbr150r are going for 2.5k for 3years Coe. might just settle for that :D

Zack said...

HELLO JOYCE :D saw u in my school at laser tag :D haha was shy to say hi but HI :D was the guy in GREY :D

joycelee said...

OMGGGGGGGGG IN NUS YESTERDAY?!? Hahahahah oh my gosh thats embarrassing.

Were you part of the organizing committee? Or did you play? HAHA! I don't rmb seeing a grey shirt guy ley, maybe you can show me a picture so I'll recall if I did see you HAHA :D