Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Prac 4.02 (1st attempt) - Passed

Prac 4.02 (1st attempt) - 4/11/14 (Fourteen lesson)

Alas! Finally my work schedule allowed me to book my practical lesson. I've never gone past 5 days of not going to bbdc for bike practicals cos it's a peak period in my working place now plus there are insufficient conducting staff. Speaking of which.. Working nonstop for days with little rest has taken a toll on me. Fell sick on Sunday, with dry coughs, stuffed and runny nose plus I'm currently nursing a fever. I hate feeling like this!! After a week's break, I did feel anxious cause I was afraid I'll lose the feel of the works of a bike.

Anyway, today is my first attempt of my practical 4.02: Circuit training review. So we had to do all the circuit courses we learnt since day 1. Took my 4.02 with 3 other guys, all of us were first timers. The instructor we got was Azad, he took my previous 2nd attempt of 2.02.

1) Narrow plank and pylon slalom
I don't know about other people but narrow plank was the most fun to do out of all the courses!! I feel this sense of accomplishment whenever I can balance myself slowly on the plank. There was once I accidentally used my front brake LOLOL whoops, use only rear brake pls joyce. My average timing was like 7 seconds plus? Moving onto pylon slalom, sometimes I do feel scared to turn my handlebar more but generally I think it's okay. There was once I didn't turn my handlebar fast enough and felt I couldn't make the last turn at the cone so I forgo and went straight hahaha shitz.

2) Emergency braking on a wet surface
Ebrake!!! I still have a habit of clutching in too early arghhhhh. There were instructors helping me, Kelvin said sometimes my eyes will still look down at the line ahahaha. Damn I need to stop these habits!!! Subsequently I stopped doing it, I did cause engine to stall once though. Abit scary to do ebrake with no elbow and knee guards (cos previous lessons we wore them) incase we really skid and fall.

3) Right turning, lane changing and slopes
Redid our 2.02 route all over, right turn, lane changing and slopes!! I think I have a problem of having poor judgement, like I'll hesitate whenever I wanna do my right turn. You see, right turning has a much further distance to carry out and we have to make sure both sides are clear. Well... From what I've learnt from driving on public roads and stuff, if you are not confident of moving out, THEN WAIT!! But cannot wait too long also hahaha.

4) 'S' and crank courses
Oh the horror!! I still can remember taking my 'S' and crank courses practical exactly a week ago. The 'S' course really scares me hahahaha, must clock timing, must not mount/strike kerb, must look far etc. My first round around the 'S' course was bad, I didn't grip my fuel tank tightly, arms too stiff hence, I became quite wobbly. After given corrections by Azad, I managed to clock timing and maintained posture. Yippeeee!! Crank course was okay, thankfully I didn't mount the kerb like what I did last week hahahaha malu pls.

5) Overall circuit revision
Azad told us to try 1 round of the "real" circuit test route, where to go first and stuff. So I redid my narrow plank first, pylon slalom, ebrake, lane changing, slope, 'S' and crank courses and headed back to return our bikes.

I feel the 100 mins went by so fast?! Cause we did lotsa courses today as well. Azad said that for myself and another guy taking the same class as me, we were quite stable and okay for our courses!! I was damn thrilled to hear that lah, cos initially I didn't have high hopes of doing well and passing today's class due to my sickness and not going to practical for a week. But once I got on the bike today, everything came back to me.

Anyway I felt like I'm progresing really quickly!! It's been only 6 weeks since I first started my class 2b practical. Right now, I'm left with practicals 5.01, 5.02, 6.01, 7.01 and 8.01! Plus Defensive Riding Theory Lesson PPL 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03. Furthermore my RTT is still quite long... It's in dec omg. Kinda regret not going for RTE earlier so I can book my RTT at an earlier date!! Okay then I'll probably cut down on going practicals so often. My next lesson will be next tuesday, wish me luck! :D

No comments: