Saturday, December 13, 2014

RTP, RTT and SP = 5 hours at BBDC

Alas! My long awaited 13th dec saturday is here. I've been waiting so long to take my RTT so I can book my TP! Because I've been passing my prac 1x a week so I kinda regret not taking my RTE earlier hahaha.

Woke up at 7-ish in the morning to prepare to head out. I had booked 2 riding theory practice from 0825 all the way till 1005, followed by my riding theory test at 1030-1120 and then a self-practice (SP) practical session at 1130-1310! Yeah its like almost 5 hours at BBDC hahahah, specially opted not to work today (cos I work normally work on the weekends) just for riding.

Did a quick run through on the 5 riding theory booklets and quickly made use of every minute hahahah. I felt so nervous when I walked down from the 3rd to the 2nd floor for my RTT.. Because all I could think of was, "What if I fail?!?! I'll have to wait like 2 more months before I can retake my RTT and then book my TP.." Went to the test room and the TP person gave me a slip of paper with my PIN and seat number. Sat at my seat, waiting for more people to arrive. Saw this dude sitting beside me started googling on stuff like, "how to control a skidding motorbike". Hahahah!! Did my test.. It consist of 50 qus, must get 45 and above correct answers to pass my RTT! I actually finished it in like 5-10 mins BUT! Being the cautious person I am, I went to review all my 50 answers again.. Actually I got confused with 2 qus but yeah. Submitted my answers and went to view my results...

I got 48/50!

Bet my 2 incorrect answers were the ones I got confused at hahahaha. Went to grab some food before heading to the motorcycle office to wait for my SP session! Yesyesyes this is my first ever self-practice practical so I was a little lost hehhhh. I was ready to grab my bike when Vincent said, "Why you never wear elbow and knee guard!" hahahahah I told him "oopsssss sorry I didnt know! It is my first time taking SP hahaha." Wanted to practice my uturns first so I told the instructors there if I could use the mini circuit for uturns, they were really nice and helped lay out the cones for me.

There were 2 instructors there, presumbly taking 1.03 prac, I know they are quite the "old bird" there, like the chief instructors kind.. They helped correct my posture and stuff, what to do and all. Of course I felt the pressure and stress to perform well since they're very experienced and I was afraid of doing it wrong. Subsequently I could do it (I think)! I went round and round the mini circuit several times wahahahha bloody retarded but then I prolly only had kena 2/3 times went off course/my right leg slipped. I was still very wobbly lah but I guess I have to slowly work on my uturns. Then I went off to the main circuit to practice my courses!

It was damn fun doing any courses I want?! Of cos SP will be cheaper cos there won't be any instructors guiding you. But sometimes at certain courses, some helpful instructors will give me pointers on how to improve my courses or help me to clock timing for plank or "S" course. I prolly went like 4-5 times around the circuit test route before heading back to return bike. The 100 mins really passed by damn quickly!!

Haven't decide whether to book another SP or to go for my 7.01 first but I'll prolly do either 1 next week. Good luck to me!!! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good day ,
1) how different is the test questions different from FTT and RTT?
2) is it possible to take the RTT without going through the evaluation?

joycelee said...

Hi!

1) FTT is for driving courses, RTT is for motorcycles. qus will differ quite abit coz afterall they're different machines. but certain road condition qus are also similar for both :)

2) Nope. you have to pass your riding theory evaluation FIRST then take RTT. personally i'll recommend taking a few riding theory practices and clear all the booklets. coz if you fail, the wait for RTT will be really long!