Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Prac 6.01 (1st attempt) - Passed

Prac 6.01 (1st attempt) - 3/12/14 (Seventeen lesson)

Hi guys, I'm finally back to taking my practical lessons!! The defensive theory lessons (PPL) really took up most of my time, plus PPLs had to be cleared in order. Anyway, 6.01 is - Independent riding in light and medium density traffic. In other words... RIDING ON THE PUBLIC ROAD!!! I was really reallllllllly excited today. 

Booked session 7, latest I ever booked till date, cos 6.01 had to be taken either in session 7 or 8 in the night time. Figured I don't wanna take session 8 cos it'll be from 9:10pm to 10:50pm, by then I think I'll be sleepy and stuff hahaha so I took session 7.

Took my first attempt of 6.01 with 4 other people, including me it'll be 5. Instructors we gotten were Vincent and Chin Hwee (he took my first attempt of 2.01 and first attempt of 3.02 previously). First we went to choose bikes and Chin Hwee briefed us on what to check for, like fuel tank, signal lights working or not and how to tie raincoat and pants on the back seat to make sure it was secured. Then we went to the bench where we were being shown the public road board and got briefed on our positioning, to be in a staggered position on a straight road, to give way to bikes when turning left or right and stuff. Deep down I was really excited to get started, all I wanted was to hop onto my bike and go but I can't lah hahahaha must listen to instructions first.

After being briefed, we went to practice our staggered positioning around the bbdc circuit before moving out via the bbdc carpark. Vincent had to take the lead and we all followed, Chin Hwee was the one doing the "sweeping" of the last bike, which was me cos I was the last bike hahaha. The feeling was damn exhilarating?! I rev and just whack throttle hahahaha. I prolly went 60-70km/hr omg, rather than in circuit I can only go up to 20-30km/hr only?!

Went around bukit batok area, I don't remember where but we did lotsa left turns, major to minor road and stuff. Stopped at the kerbside to have a small briefing on what were our mistakes. Majority of us were okay on the road, just that we didn't do our safety checks properly. We had to really exaggerate and turn our heads to check for, example: any pedestrians crossing the zebra crossing. We can't turn our eyeballs to see, must literally turn our heads and stuff.

After a small break, Vincent asked for the second last bike and the last bike (which was me) to move up hence, I became the second bike. Did more right turns during our 2nd half of the practical class before heading back.

Whilst heading back to bbdc.... This happened. Here's a badly drawn diagram depicting the incident!!

This bloody silver car just literally swerved between the instructor and first bike into the ESSO petrol kiosk station wtf?!?!?! So the first bike guy and myself immediately braked hard. Imagine if the car went even slower, I guess either myself or the first bike guy will crash into the car. Luckily we weren't going especially fast lah so we could slow down in time. Reckless driver is impatient pffttttt. The instructors even asked us during our debrief whether we rmbed the car plate number hahahah all 5 of us didn't but the instructors did?! It was SJP something something and ends with a P.

Went back to bbdc via the carpark and Vincent went in the opposite direction of the carpark?! We all just followed.. Turns out he "tricked" us to see if we can ride independently hahahaha!! Anyway during debriefing, Chin Hwee and Vincent brought up the carpark thing and said, "You all know what you all did wrong just now lah, so you all need to come back.."

All of us were thinking.. Wah need to come back to retake 6.01 already.. Suddenly they added on..

"Come back for your 7.01!!"

LOL, they got us all for a second there. So in the end we all passed our 6.01!! Next will be our last road lesson, 7.01 - independent riding in light and medium density traffic which includes, uturn, overtaking, defensive riding and public toad test route. So excited to get started! We were advised to go for a RC to brush up on our uturns since we'll be doing uturns in 7.01.

Will be overseas from 10th-12th, so I can't attend any bike pracs! Plus I've got my RTT on the 13th so I can book my TP date after :D Still haven't decide whether to book RC or SP next week to practice my uturn, but I've booked my 7.01 on the following week's Monday. Hopefully everything will work out hahahah. Wish me luck!! :D

No comments: