Monday, December 15, 2014

Prac 7.01 (2nd attempt) - Passed

Prac 7.01 (2nd attempt) - 15/12/14 (Nineteenth lesson)

Went for a night session today, at 7:20pm! Already got a feeling there'll be heavy traffic everywhere but figured if I could do it at night, I can do it in the daylight as well? hahaha.

Took my 2nd attempt of 7.01 with 4 other ppl, 2 guys and 2 girls. They're all 1st timers while I'm taking the 7.01 for the 2nd time. Instructors we got were this tall tanned uncle, only got his surname called Lim and another guy we got was Yufang, he was this bike team leader! Really nice instructor, initially I was really intimidated by him riding a class 2 bike + fierce face when I saw him during my 2nd attempt of 2.02 (cos he was there to help my instructor observe us) but now we did talk and all and I found he's really helpful! Gave me comments on how to improve my riding whenever I'm on the circuit.

Did uturning practices in the mini circuit and then my instructors told me to be the first bike LOL. First bike!!!! It makes me nervous lah cos people will follow me and stuff. Before that we went for a briefing on the public road test route then off to the road we go! I find that the key to doing a good uturn is..

GRIP THE FUEL TANK AND NEVER LET GO!!

Hahahaha its true... Plus just twist the throttle!!! It helped me so much and I never fall from the bike anymore. Except once in the mini circuit just now, I accidentally closed throttle, fell and dropped the bike LOL. Other than that I didn't fall off anymore nor did I do wide turning.

Did 4 rounds around the public road test route today, since I was the first bike I had to wait before the bus stop everytime I finished my right turning. I waited for quite a long time for the 4 remaining bikes to arrive cos you know, it's a peak hour session so there definitely will be more cars.

More cars = More waiting at the uturn!

It was so exhilarating when I went to throttle like mad after doing my left filter lane and had to do a lane change from 3rd lane to the 1st. I love the feeling! After that we went back to BBDC to return our bikes.

So I passed my 7.01 yayyyy!!! I can now go ahead and book my 8.01 final evaluation (where we have to do our circuit courses + public test route without getting more than 18 demerit points according to the TP checklist). Say if I pass my 8.01, then I'll only be waiting to take my TP!!! Will prolly have to go for more RC and SP before going for my 8.01 cos 8.01 cost like almost $60/session!! (non-peak). A normal SP or RC session is around $16 and $26 respectively (nonpeak).

And by the way, I have booked my TP test date already! It'll be on 17th Feb 2015.. Anybody reading this taking the same TP date as me? Drop me a comment!! :D

1 comment:

tinyxmidget said...

You can book for TP before passing your 8.01?