Sunday, October 26, 2014

Prac 3.02 (2nd attempt) - Passed

Prac 3.02 (2nd attempt) - 26/10/14 (Twelfth lesson)

It's rare I'll book a weekend prac.. That's cause I'm not working today but I can foresee myself working all weekends through nov to dec since it's the school holidays so there's gonna be lots of bookings! Anyway I left house pretty late.. Drove out only at 11:23am when my practical was at 11:30am hahahah, I literally tried driving as fast as I can to bbdc, ran to grab my number tag, grab helmet and wore elbow and knee guard before finding my instructor for the day.

Took the class with 4 other guys (all 1st timers) and its my 2nd try. Got instructor Quek today, who took my 2nd attempt of 1.03 last time. Instructor Quek asked me to go practice ebraking on my own while he went to brief the rest of the 4 guys on today's lesson and stuff since I already knew what to do.

Reminded mysef to rev and throttle on in my initial speed before maintaining at 30km/hr subsequently. There's another instructor, the one I mentioned that he looks damn intimidating and fierce (during my 2nd attempt of 2.02) hahaha. He gave me really great tips, like maintaining speed, pushing myself back while I ebrake, and wait til my left thigh leaves the tank then clutch in. Had a slight problem with clutching in too early so instructor Quek told me to only clutch in when the bike feels rocky. Stalled engine prolly like 1-2 times today hahaha but stalling engine won't cause any demerit points, clutching in early causes 2 demerit points.

At some point of time, there were like 14-16 bikes queuing up to do the emergency braking station hahahaha!! Bikes from class 2b, 2a and 2 were all queuing up. I felt like I was queuing to head into jb at the checkpoint LOL. And towards the end of the session when I was waiting for my turn, I heard this "BAM" sound, looked up and saw this guy taking the same practical as me skidded, fell off his bike and rolled on the road WTFFFFF!! Afterwards I saw some of the guys taking the same practical as me dare not speed up more nor do they dare to brake hard HAHA, then the instructor said, "Why speed so slow?" "Never brake harder, see you passed the red line already." "Is it cause you saw him fell?" It was cause he braked too hard and his speed exceeded 30km/hr. Anyway it was scary to see people fall off their bikes.. And its only 30km/hr!! Imagine licenced riders fall off their bikes at prolly 80km/hr?! Gonna hurt so bad :(

So during debrief, instructor Quek didn't point out any mistakes for me. I passed my 3.02 with 1 other guy! YIPEEEEE!! And he shook all our hands after the session ahaha that was a first for me.

My next lesson will be 4.01: 'S' and crank courses! My sis said its not gonna be easy so I'm hoping I won't kanchiong or what lah hahaha. Looking forward to next tuesday :D


My progress up till now:
23/09/14: First lesson
1.01 - failed

25/09/14: Second lesson
1.01 and 1.02 passed together

30/09/14: Third lesson
1.03 - failed

2/10/14: Fourth lesson
1.03 - passed

7/10/14: Fifth lesson
2.01 - failed

9/10/14: Sixth lesson
2.01 - passed

10/10/14: Seventh lesson
2.02 - failed

14/10/14: Eighth lesson
2.02 - failed

15/10/14: Ninth lesson
2.02 - passed

20/10/14: Tenth lesson
3.01 - passed

23/10/14: Eleventh lesson
3.02 - failed

26/10/14: Twelfth lesson
3.02 - passed

No comments: