Monday, October 20, 2014

Prac 3.01 (1st attempt) - Passed

Prac 3.01 (1st attempt) - 20/10/14 (Tenth lesson)

3.01 consist of narrow plank and pylon slalom!

Objective:
Narrow plank: Stay on for more than 6 seconds
Pylon slalom: Finish the entire course in less than 6 seconds

I've seen blogs and forums about people failing their 3.01 countless of times! Came across 2 blogs, where a guy passed on his 13th attempt while this girl passed on her 9th attempt. Was I intimidated? YOU BET I AM!!! Have heard stories from my sister (she passed her 2b last year) where she seen people fall off the plank and when they tried to get back up, the bike fell and landed on their foot and stuff (OUCH!). My last practical was last wednesday so I was kinda nervous whether or not I've already forgotten the feel of the bike and stuff. Cause to me, even 3-4 days can affect my performance!

Took my 3.01 with 3 other guys, instructor today was Izhardi. We went for a warmup around the circuit before the instructor gave us a trial run on the narrow plank and pylon slalom. I went second, before that I saw one of the guy taking the same class as me fell off the plank and I was like "SHIT SHIT SHIT" hahahaha. I fell off the plank during my first trial, it was damn nerve wrecking for me! Then we parked our bikes and went to the side where Izhardi went to brief us on what to do for narrow plank and pylon slalom. The key is to, GRIP TANK TIGHTLY, ARMS RELAX, LOOK FAR DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

After a few tries I managed to stay on the plank!!! Can you imagine my happiness when I knew I stayed on hahaha, for the first few times I didn't try to clock the timing but to maintain my balance and the feel of the plank first. Then for pylon slalom, I regret to say but I accidentally knocked the cones down like 3 times ha ha ha ha... One of the time is because I didn't kick the gear high enough before I entered the pylon slalom course hence its in neutral gear wtf hahaha. I panicked and my speed wasn't enough hence, knocking down a cone. Kept apologizing to Izhardi cause he's the one who had to pick up the cones when I knocked them down hahah.

Subsequently I got like 6.2-6.7 seconds for the plank, and 5.4-5.7 seconds for pylon slalom. It's still on the dangerous side lah but I'll definitely practice more for this station! Because falling off the plank is an immediate failure :O

After the lesson we had a debrief. Izhardi said the 2 guys did well for today's lesson, but for myself and an uncle we still can do better, like we were on the average side (sometimes can sometimes cannot). So he asked the both of us whether we can advance to 3.02 anot, the uncle said "depends on your decision". hahahaha!! Despite the fact I accidentally knocked down the cones 3x and I fell off the plank like 3x as well, majority of the time I managed to stay on the plank and clocked the timing! In the end Izhardi said, "Ok today the 4 of you passed, if not I would not have brought you to the ebrake station just now. So you all and can move on and book your 3.02!" Because just now when the lesson was about to end, we went by the ebrake station. I was damnnnnnn happy!! It's quite rare I'll pass my lessons on my first try. But still it was a really fun 3.01 for me! The narrow plank and pylon slalom were so interesting hahaha.

My next lesson will be on Thursday.. Cause I'll be working tomorrow plus there's no slots on Wednesday :( Looking forward to my 3.02 - Ebrake on a wet surface!

No comments: