Thursday, October 2, 2014

Prac 1.03 (2nd attempt) - Passed

Prac 1.03 (2nd attempt) - 2/10/14 (Fourth prac lesson)

With much hesitation, I booked my 2nd attempt of 1.03 the night before. Reached BBDC, wanted to print my slip but I couldn't find my IC wtf, found it eventually and made my way to the waiting area quickly. Reached the waiting area and saw my number left on the chair and I thought to myself, "WAH I'M THE ONLY STUDENT?!?" Suddenly one of the instructor told me my class is already outside hahaha, immediately shouted" HUH OMG LAH" and I dashed out of the holding area room. Put on knee and elbow guard and helmet before my instructor said, "1.03 come here" and I saw 6 other students (excluding me)!! So my instructor was saying, "wah full house today" so a second instructor came and helped out. Yeah man total of 7 students taking 1.03 today, a few were like me.. Doing a second attempt for this.

Did warmup at the mini circuit at 1st gear, then 2nd and 3rd gear. Then we lined up and headed out to the main circuit area where we rode many rounds till gear 5 and dropped gear according to traffic conditons (like pedestrian crossing or vehicle infront). The instructor said once we cleared the main circuit he will pull some of us back to the mini circuit for low speed control practice. I was riding around (feels so bloody cool riding at such a fast speed, I can even hear the wind lolool!!) then my instructor signaled for one guy and myself to head to the mini circuit for low speed control practice first.

Deep down I was saying to myself, "DON'T SCREW THIS UP JOYCE, YOU FAILED LAST TUES COS OF THIS STAGE!!!" I tried not to look down at the cones and used alot on my rear brake instead of front (which will make me lose balance). And like 90% of the time I felt like I didn't wobble as much as I did last tues!! Was a little afraid turning on the throttle even more but I know the clutch is what controls the movement and all.

Then the rest of the 5 students came and joined us in the mini circuit for low speed control. Imagine the circuit is really small and we had to quickly cover the gap whenever any of us moved forward hahahah!

At the end of the stage we had a debrief, the instructor asked whether we did well enough to pass the 1.03.. Some said they did okay but the instructor said no and pointed out their mistakes while some admitted they know they didn't do well. When the instructor asked me, I said I did okay today and he replied me with just an "OK" and moved onto the next student and I was thrilled!! It means I passed weeeeeeeee!!! So in the end out of 7 students, only myself and a guy passed today's 1.03 lesson (I think it was the guy's second time taking 1.03 like me).

So thrilled to start my stage 2.01!! Yipeeeeee :D

3 comments:

coolcat said...

Hi Joyce! I just cleared my 1.01 on 2nd attempt. Had problem trying to get the bike back onto the main stand. And yes! I'm currently at the wobbly-buay-zai stage. Very embarrassing. Hahaha!

Love reading your blog. Gave me an idea of what to expect. Thanks!

joycelee said...

Hi coolcat!! I find that it's easier when I try to stand and place my weight on the main stand and my right arm to pull it back helps hahaha maybe you'll wanna try that next time?

Thank you for your kind words! Feel free to chat with me about your journey on facebook or any means. Female riders are awesome :D

Happy riding and be safe, you're gonna have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I failed 1.03 twice :( there is one part have to change to gear 2 and down gear to stop is so hard for me, and im scare i will fall down as the bike a bit too high for although mine was the low cut one alr, any tips or advice?