Thursday, October 23, 2014

Prac 3.02 (1st attempt) - Failed

Prac 3.02 (1st attempt) - 23/10/14 (Eleventh lesson)

Today's lesson is about ebraking on a wet surface! Sounds easy? Nope. Had to wear elbow and knee guard today, prolly cause this lesson has a high probability of falling. Objective is to go up to 30km/hr then ebrake immediately!

First we tried to go up to 20km/hr, in order to grasp the feel of braking using front and rear brake.. We had to use the front brake more, incase our rear brake gets locked and skid. Initially I didn't brake hard enough and was quite near the red line after braking at 20km/hr!! Plus my left hand kept standby at the clutch or sometimes I clutch in too early.... Maybe I was scared of stalling the engine but then again my instructor said stalling the engine during TP won't cause or immediate failure or whatnot.

Then we went on to 25km/hr.. Having to check the speedometer at times. Subsequently I got better and corrected my mistakes! However idk wtf happened to me when I tried going 30km/hr... Cause we had to queue before the stop line before going to do the ebrake. So there I was, waiting for my turn cause there's another female biker doing her turn. Suddenly she skidded, went up the kerb and crashed (?) into the fence!! I was like, "OMG SHIT". Of course an instructor tended to her. I got damn worried lah that the same thing will happen to me??!

So its like this, we had to speed up quickly and change gear at the first small cone, then speed up and change gear to 3 before reaching the second small cone. My speed changing from 1 to 2 is quite close.. And I only tried to speed up upon reaching the 2nd small cone. My instructor said that's very dangerous. He went to pillion me to show me how it's done, I was damn scared lah hahahaha. He went 2 rounds to show me and I was damn motivated to do well BUT... My speed adjustment is damn cui?! I really need to speed faster at the initial stage. My instructor was saying, "WAH first time I pillion someone and they cannot do it!" LOL paiseh max.

Expected lah, I failed but the 3 other guys passed. I must be the first person in BBDC history to have failed my 3.02 HAHAHA!!

I just need to work on the speed changing properly. And to stop doubting myself and go all out!!! Booked my 2nd attempt of 3.02 for this coming Sunday.. Hopefully I'll be able to clear this stage by then :)

2 comments:

angchor80 said...

Enjoy reading your blog.
You have a very positive spirit in you!
I am waiting for my 3.01. Wish me luck! ^^

angchor80 said...

Passed my 3.01 at 1st attempt (phew...)
now I sibei worry about e-braking, hope I won't fall and kiss the ground hard. :D