Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sick fatty :(

My dear baby 胖胖 fell sick :(

About 3 months back, I went to the vet to treat his abscess that grew on his eyelid (SIGH!) which cost alot for his surgery. But thats fine.. However its sad that it grew back after like a month or so... :(

And recently I was stroking fatty and suddenly I felt rough patches, I didn't think much of it cause I thought it was his bones or something HAHAHA -.- Until like 2 days back I was carrying him to the balcony in the morning then to my horror,

THERE WERE BLEEDING WOUNDS ON HIS HEAD AND THE BACK OF HIS NECK AREA AND BODY!!!!!! 
4 wounds in total. Scared the shit out of me. Furthermore I was getting ready to head out for school.

Rushed him to the vet after school, which I feel was the longest 6 hrs ever, and the vet diagnosed him with fungal skin infection? Think it has got nothing to do with fleas and mites (thankfully...)




I feel so heartbroken!!!! WHO WON'T SEE THESE WOUNDS AND FEEL SAD?!?!?!

He cannot stop picking on his scabs then it'll start bleeding all over again. Dammit.... :(

The vet gave me this 2 meds, antibiotics and one for the treatment for fungal infections + 1 soap solution to bathe him.

It was so difficult making fatty drink from the syringe. At times if I'm lucky, fatty will sit quietly on my hand and then drink out of the syringe like a little baby, awwwww... ❤
And at times he will keep running away and refuses to drink his medicines. Gosh...

Tried bathing him yesterday and when his fur was wet, I could see so clearly where his wounds were and how bad it is. *tears heart into pieces*

#prayforfatty

Really can't wait for baby to be better. Then I can bring him to play and run around!! :)


I know some people were like telling me, "WHAT?!? HAMSTERS ARE SO CHEAP!! You spent like almost $200 on him just for medications, excluding his food, toys and cage and waste money and all. You can easily buy new hamster what."

The feeling I have for him is kinda... Like a mom taking care of her child. I know right like I'm only so young, how would I know how a mom cares for her child? My mom cares for me so much, I feel like I'm just doing the same for fatty. Afterall, that's a life we're talking about.

No comments: